Cops come and try to snatch my crops

I was growing a bunch of basil, oregano, and dill on my windowsill. The dill died young, but while the oregano is just hanging in there, the basil has been flourishing. I guess it's the sunlight, because I've never been able to keep it alive before. When you've got bushels of basil you've got to do something with them, so I've been on a pesto kick.

There's not much to pesto–fresh basil, good olive oil, grated cheese, garlic, and pine nuts–but the key is getting it to a good consistency. My immersion blender, previously used solely for evil (read: whipped cream), does a good job of turning that all into a delicious goop. Then you serve it with whatever one wants.

Comments

  1. This pesto is kick-ass.. Its on my top 10 list of jeff meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. my condolences for the dill. we currently have two surviving plants, not only still alive after a year with me, but also flourishing after 2 days in the penske truck. we then splurged on a big pretty organic tree thing when we got here last week. it died. i saw some mums at trader joe's, my new favorite store, truly exciting for a city kid. the mums were billed as "sturdy." but no, i've learned now. I will never buy another plant unless it's a fighter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

Some small updates