Ill Illumination

I just finished Everything is Illuminated, which I must have started almost two years ago but was apparently not meant to complete until now. I found it good in the sense of being utterly wonderful. It was a blend of One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera, and the ending surpassed both of their endings.

Safran Foer read an excerpt from his new book at a literary thingy I went to last month and that book seems like something to look forward to as well.

Next up in Positively Fifth Street, which Booner recommended to me and which I started reading before finishing the last book because I was desperate for poker insight. I am down $40 plus the price of the book so far. But it does seem like it will be a good read and the $40 loses are an investment in future gambling triumphs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly