Purge

After being sized up for a tuxedo, I ate quite a bit at Scott's parent's place. Grilled foods, which is what you have to do on the holiday weekend, so I'm perfectly justified. But I ate way too much.

I went running this evening to make amends. I'm happy with the progress I've made as a runner. I still don't do it more than four times a month (but hopefully that will change; if you see me, ask me if I've run recently and start chasing me if I say no), but I'm building up some endurance. I ran up the Promenade and over to the Brooklyn Bridge, and did maybe a quarter of the bridge before I had to segue into walking. Then I mixed it up with running and walking quickly-ish across the bridge and back to the niceties of Brooklyn. The BBQ ribs and especially the hot sauce with which I smother the ribs proved more of an impediment than actual exhaustion.

Towards the end of the run I passed a large man with a shaved head sitting on a bench. I was very much tempted to pat his head as I went buy, in the hope that he'd chase after me and provide the rush of adrenaline I needed to make the final leg of the run. He'd come after me, but I'd have the ontological advantage: I am a runner, and therefore it is my natural state to run. He clearly would not be able to run like I can run.

Plus running at night with the city all lit up and purdy is epic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

Some small updates