Sporting news

The Texas Rangers have the third-best record in the majors right now, and the second-best non-evil record (or first-best, depending on your views of the St. Louis Cardinals). They've somehow managed to allow less runs this season than the Yankees--despite legitimately having no pitching, unlike the Yankees, who have plenty of expensive pitching that sucks. They lead the majors in runs scored.

I'd argue that their infield of Teixeira/Soriano/Blalock/Young/Bajaras is the best in baseball right now, edging out Giambi/whomever Steinbrenner buys to play second/A-Rod/Jeter/Posada and Pujols/Womack (who, I suspect, is in the starting lineup just because the Cardinals' owner's kid has him on his fantasy team)/Rolen/Renteria/Mathaney. They've got 5 solid young outfielders, and I think Laynce Nix is going to be an all-star next year.

I'm writing all this so I have something good to link to when the Rangers collapse in September.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly