TWitNY to go

I didn't get a chance to do the This Week in the New Yorker thingy before I left for the America South, and I didn't actually bring this week's New Yorker with me, but I'd imagine TWitNY (I'm going to cool it on the italicisation; forgive me) needs to be weekly or I'd lose whatever meta-journalistic standing I've earned.

Before I left I read the articles on the genocide (I'll go out on a limb and call it that, though the rest of the world seems to disagree) in Darfur and on the rollercoaster arms race. I'd read articles off and on about the situation in Sudan ever since it started making real news here, but I didn't really have a grasp on the whole tragic situation; the article does a good job of going into detail about what's been going on over there. The roller coaster article mentions Coney Island a bit, which I guess is inevitable.

So I'll have to recommend them both, and any other interesting stuff lurking in the bowels of the August 30th issue will forever remain unread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

Some small updates