Did you never call?

I read about Skype somewhere or other a few months ago, and was interested, owing partly to my segue away from all things faxing to multimedia and collaboration engineering. But also because it's a cool idea. They released a MacOS X client a few weeks ago, so I was finally able to give it a try.

Magically, there's a microphone embedded somewhere in my TiBook that I never knew existed, so I've been able to place calls to a couple of people whom I've already convinced to download the software. They say that the sound quality is very good. No one I've spoken to has a real microphone, though Josh took headphones and plugged them into the microphone port on his laptop, which magically turns them into a ghetto microphone. But even talking into that the sound was more than passable.

So I'd very much recommend you go and download Skype. It's free for Skype-to-Skype calls, and you can buy credits (in €, no less) to call actual phones for something like 2 cents a minute. It would have saved me a hell of a lot of money whilst in London, assuming I had broadband there...

My username is jeffy34, so give me a call if you want to test it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eddie Vedder is Still an Incoherent Drunk

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

(Re-)Enabling Twitter -> Facebook Posting