Did you never call?

I read about Skype somewhere or other a few months ago, and was interested, owing partly to my segue away from all things faxing to multimedia and collaboration engineering. But also because it's a cool idea. They released a MacOS X client a few weeks ago, so I was finally able to give it a try.

Magically, there's a microphone embedded somewhere in my TiBook that I never knew existed, so I've been able to place calls to a couple of people whom I've already convinced to download the software. They say that the sound quality is very good. No one I've spoken to has a real microphone, though Josh took headphones and plugged them into the microphone port on his laptop, which magically turns them into a ghetto microphone. But even talking into that the sound was more than passable.

So I'd very much recommend you go and download Skype. It's free for Skype-to-Skype calls, and you can buy credits (in €, no less) to call actual phones for something like 2 cents a minute. It would have saved me a hell of a lot of money whilst in London, assuming I had broadband there...

My username is jeffy34, so give me a call if you want to test it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly