Concerted efforts

I have been lax in a lot of things, but for whatever reason it's my lax concert reportage that I choose to address now.

I saw Interpol at the Hammerstein Ballroom tonight. The show was extremely good. It would be hard for it not to be as they only have two albums and each song is just about as good as any other song, so we were guaranteed a sweet setlist. They didn't disappoint.

As for last week's R.E.M. show–well, it wasn't as good as last
year's
. Because I'm lazy, I'm just copying the summary I sent to
Chase: The show was underwhelming. There were six songs from the new album, though oddly not the good song from the new album. The rest was a mix of obvious choices (ItEotWaWKI, WtFK, LMR, MintM, to abbr. a few) with a few nice surprises. They played Sweetness Follows, which was awesome, as well as Electrolite, Drive, and Life and How to Live It. There weren't as many political songs as I'd thought there would be--they couldn't help but play Cuyahoga and they played Welcome to the Occupation, but they didn't play World Leader Pretend, New Test Leper, Exhuming McCarthy or Monty Got a Raw Deal (or even Ignoreland, which, I'm glad for that).

The most exciting is that I have (a lot of) tickets to see the Flaming Lips and Wilco play at Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve. I struggle to begin imagining how good that show will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly