They didn't even know it was Thanksgiving in Britain

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Petey and Banana (they of blogging fame) this Saturday while they're in town for the holiday. And I can't help but think back to my favourite Thanksgiving of present memory, spent two years ago in London with Scotter come to visit and Miranda over and the training crew about. Good times, they were. The turkey came out fine after I plucked the remaining feathers--the Brits are savages.

To add something approaching content that's interesting to my wider readership (erm, yeah...), here's the recipe for the pasta salad I'm bringing for Thanksgiving dinner this year:




1 package ditilini or maybe even elbow macaroni, depending on your couthosity

1 red onion (that's important)

2 bell peppers, perhaps of seasonal colour

good olive oil

white balsamic vinegar (I think I use Alessi)

groun pepper, dried basil and oregano


Cook the pasta and let it cool. If you run it under cold water it's going to get hard, but hey, we live to make our own mistakes. Dice the onion and bell peppers. Add the pasta and veggies to an appropriate-sized tupperware container. Add a couple of tablespoons olive oil, an appropriate amount of vingear, and the spices. Cover and shake with much vigour. Bring to Thanksgiving dinner (optional, but a crucial step in my case).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

Some small updates