Time is like a broken watch

I sat around catching up on my New Yorkers last night. This week's issue wasn't terribly noteable apart from the god-awful Sasha Frere-Jones piece on ringtones masquerading as a Pop Music column. The cover is kind of cute, with Adam and Even being banished from Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge to... my neighborhood. Hey!

Then there was last week's issue, the highlight for me being the Jim Holt piece about Einstein and Gödel. I'm really interested in time, and the piece has a nice outline of some of the questions about time that Gödel pursued as a follow-up to Einstein's work. When I get the time I'll write up some of my own thinking about, erm, time. Jonathan Lethem also has a fairly well-written (if not terribly interesting) Personal History piece in the issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly