A fanciful dialogue of wonder

I do not work for the N.S.A., and therefore I do not have the wherewithal to eavesdrop on average (or below-average) Americans. But I kind of wish I were able to listen in on the periodic reviews that the Times mentions:

Mr. Bush said that every 45 days the program was reviewed, based on "a fresh intelligence assessment of terrorist threats to the continuity of our government and the threat of catastrophic damage to our homeland." That review involves the attorney general, Alberto R. Gonzales, and Mr. Bush's counsel, Harriet E. Miers, whom Mr. Bush unsuccessfully tried to nominate to the Supreme Court this year.


Bush: So, uh, is that secret illegal eavesdropping program I approved still legal?
Gonzales: Yep.
Miers: Yep. This is much better than being on the Supreme Court, sir!
Bush: Heh heh. Heh heh. See y'all at the next review, which I take very seriously. I always appreciate the candor and diligence shown by my law-talking-friends during these reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

Some small updates