How to keep up on things

Maybe you like arts and crafts and films and such, but aren't so good at keeping on top of what's new. The Times has a thorough movie review section on Fridays, but what about new music, or new books, or new Wii games? (I'm all about Cooking Mama: Cook Off.) Reading one paper's coverage isn't going to let you know about everything new.

What we need is... meta-coverage. And when you need meta-coverage, there's Metacritic. I've found it seriously useful to add the individual RSS feeds for their Film, Music, and Wii sections, and depending on your tastes other sections are probably of interest as well. I don't care so much about the actual review aggregation and scoring aspect of the site, but getting release information delivered to my RSS reader is great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly