Things to watch when you're watching

After a nice weekend break with the always hospitable Mirers, I'm holed up in a hotel in Palo Alto again. The cable here is different and frightening (Fox is channel 8? Football is on at 10:00am?), and I distrust it, so I've turned to the Internets for video entertainment.

I never got fully caught up to Ze Frank's The Show, despite the fact that there are no more new episodes. I started watching last summer when I had another long hotel stay in Redmond, and I've come back to a bit, watching a couple of episodes here and there.

I watched some of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 shorts with Petey last night, and I watched some more today back in my hotel room. I have some of the full-length episodes queued up on Netflix, but I'm almost positive that Sheryl will hate them, so watching 10 minute mini-films on YouTube is probably my best way to get a fix.

I started watching Batman Begins, which I had ripped to my hard drive, but stopped after 15 minutes or so and went out searching for online episodes of the old Batman: The Animated Series instead. It ran on Fox weekday afternoons when I was a kid, and it's such a wonderful show. AOL video has a large collection of episodes, mainly from the first and best season, which in my mind completely justifies the AOL/Time Warner merger.

Joost is allegedly a source for interesting content, but after scrounging around for an invitation, I found that it's mainly just reality show rejects and, like, hockey. But there is a Comedy Central channel, and one of the featured shows is Stella, which I can't get enough of. So I've watched a couple of those.

No rundown of recommended Internet video would be complete without linking to the manatee bit from Dr. Katz, of course. So there you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

In which I blog again, however briefly