Little fish, little fish

My dining schedule being a little thrown off when Sheryl is out of town (she's currently in the air, landing at Newark airpot at hopefully 2:00am-ish), I didn't eat supper tonight until 10:00pm. And I didn't shop for supper, so I had to make do with what was in the pantry. This worked out surprisingly/surpassingly well; a tin of good sardines and some thin pasta were the key ingredients. If I had actually been planning this ahead of time I might have gotten some flat leaf parsley, but I don't feel badly about omitting it. The food was ready in under 15 minutes and was a fishier (not to mention cheaper) pasta with clam sauce.


  • 1 tin of good sardines, packed in oil, but drained

  • 1 or 2 or several serving of dried thin pasta (don't use shapes or tubes for this)

  • olive oil

  • 1 clove of minced garlic (I used a garlic press)

  • black and crushed red pepper



Cook the pasta in well-salted to a bit before al dente and drain. Add a liberal amount of olive oil to the pan, along with the minced garlic, black and crushed red pepper, and the sardines. Saute them quickly on medium heat, no more than a minute, breaking up the sardines as you stir. Add the pasta back into the pan and additional olive oil if you feel like it's needed to coat. You really shouldn't put grated cheese on this, amongst any number of other things you shouldn't put on it.

The other recipe to come out the evening involves half a loaf of raisin hazelnut bread from Almondine and half a tub of Nutella, and is not really a recipe as much as it is my (no longer) secret shame.

Comments

  1. Mmmm...I had the cold leftovers for breakfast. So delish.

    And welcome to my half-tub-of-nutella world, husband.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Beep Beep Beep Beep, Yeah!

Some small updates